Year 2015-work concluded
Location Barberino di Mugello
RENOVATION OF A RESIDENTIAL WOODEN ROOF AND INSERTION OF METAL HOOPING AND A LIGHT INTERNAL STEEL STAIRWAY
The proposed project enters into the category of building restoration with elevation of attic. In particular it consists of:
- elevation of a portion of existing building;
- creation of a small recessed roof terrace;
- addition of a skylight;
- creation of two dormers;
- creation of internal partition walls.
Furthermore, there are also some changes to the raised ground floor including:
- closure of existing veranda on raised ground floor with modification in the opening;
- demolition of flight of stairs to veranda entrance with the reconstruction of two small flights of stairs for use of existing terraces;
- internal redistribution of building with demolition and reconstruction of several partition walls with new openings.
Regarding structural interventions, the project includes:
- renovation of wooden roof using several reinforced cement beams;
- insertion of metal hooping on ground floor and attic for the creation of new openings in the weight bearing walls;
- creation of an internal metal stairway.